Our consulting service begins with asking 8 simple questions. The answer to these questions will determine the level of consultancy needed and an obligation-free quote will be provided accordingly. The consultancy quote will include some or all the below:
- Oversee the collection of already existing information in preparation for elearning development.
- Curriculum development to determine elearning objectives with a clear link to elearning experiences, measurements of elearning objectives, and collection of data.
- Support to select the appropriate elearning experience from the elearning toolbox.
- Support to select from the plethora of elearning authoring tools available to ensure elearning experiences are made possible.
- elearning development to create new elearning experiences with associated elearning authoring tools.
- Work with an already existing LMS to fine-tune the elearning curriculum.
We use the ADDIE model as our consultancy framework.
The ADDIE model
- It is a long-standing instructional design framework.
- Many learning and development teams are familiar with the framework, so it makes for better communication.
- Due to the familiarity of the ADDIE instructional design model, any elearning development will fit nicely with pre-existing learning and development strategies.
- The linear sequence can easily be understood by all those involved in elearning development process.
We will ask 8 simple questions. The answers to the 8 questions will be analysed. This 1st step is free-of-charge because it gives us the opportunity to understand the client’s needs. The purpose of the 8 questions and associated analysis is to determine the scope of the work to be completed. A proposal and associated quote will be provided that outlines the next step forward.
The design phase includes the design features below:
- Determine elearning objectives
- Determine how the elearning objectives will measured
- Determine the time limit to achieve these learning objectives
- Determine how the elearning objectives will be recorded
- Determine how the elearning objectives will be analysed
- Determine the client resources available to be included in the elearning space
- Determine the resources to be created for the elearning space
- Determine the training needed to upskill personnel, so they can contribute to the elearning development cycle and manage the elearning space.
- A storyboard will be created that covers learning objectives, learning experiences, elearning resources, and associated elearning tools
- This storyboard will be provided to the client for final approval
The elearning space will be created based on the information provided in the Design Phase. An elearning space will be created in draft form for the client’s viewing. Then, the elearning space will be tested with our debugging processes to ensure both the elearning curriculum planning is coherent and the technology is working efficiently.
The elearning space goes live! The eLearning space will be continuously monitored for the time limit decided upon in the Design phase. All necessary changes and updates will be provided free of charge. If the previous steps were completed correctly, there will be a seamless Implementation phase with minimal issues.
At the end of the project the results will be collated and analysed to determine if the learning objectives were achieved.
Results are analysed to improve the future elearning space.
Is a continuous feedback loop for every step of the elearning development cycle. It is the feedback loop that adds a third dimension to the ADDIE framework. An elearning development process needs to be flexible to adapt to ongoing feedback from the client. As feedback is received, this with either strengthen the already existing elearning development or appropriate changes will be made.
This gives our clients an opportunity to consider what skills and knowledge their employees need to obtain. This gives the ADDIE framework a focus (elearning outcomes to aim for) and clearly measurable results.